Office of the City Manager
City Manager’s Office Located In City Hall
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am till 4:30pm
Andrew E. Hyatt, City Manager
7100 City Center Circle
P.O. Box 69
Fairview, TN 37062
TEL: (615) 799-2484 Ext. 103
FAX: (615) 799-1383
ROLE OF CITY MANAGER
The City Manager serves at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners. He is the administrative head of the city and is responsible of the day-to-day operations.
Among the manager’s responsibilities are:
- To see that the laws and ordinances are enforced and prosecutions are instituted.
- To appoint, remove and discipline of all department heads and subordinate employees, subject only to any personnel rules and regulations adopted by ordinance or resolution
- To supervise the work of all officers, departments and divisions created by the Board of Commissioners.
- To attend meetings of the Board of Commissioners, with right to take part in discussion, but not to vote.
- To recommend to the Board of Commissioners for adoption such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient.
- To act as budget commissioner and keep the Board of Commissioners informed as to the financial condition and need of the city.
- To act as purchasing agent for the city and conduct the city’s business.
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the charter or required of him by resolution or ordinance of the Board of Commissioners.