Office of the City Manager
City Manager’s Office Located In City Hall
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am till 4:30pm
Scott Collins, City Manager
7100 City Center Circle
P.O. Box 69
Fairview, TN 37062
TEL: (615) 799-2484 Ext. 103
FAX: (615) 799-1383
Email: [email protected]
ROLE OF CITY MANAGER
The City Manager serves at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners. He is the administrative head of the city and is responsible of the day-to-day operations.
Among the manager’s responsibilities are:
- To see that the laws and ordinances are enforced and prosecutions are instituted.
- To appoint, remove and discipline of all department heads and subordinate employees, subject only to any personnel rules and regulations adopted by ordinance or resolution.
- To supervise the work of all officers, departments and divisions created by the Board of Commissioners.
- To attend meetings of the Board of Commissioners, with right to take part in discussion, but not to vote.
- To recommend to the Board of Commissioners for adoption such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient.
- To act as budget commissioner and keep the Board of Commissioners informed as to the financial condition and need of the city.
- To act as purchasing agent for the city and conduct the city’s business.
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the charter or required of him by resolution or ordinance of the Board of Commissioners.